As a key member of the Coffee/Candy/Bulk department, the Coffee/Candy/Bulk Specialist is responsible for ordering, rotation of product, merchandising, and full presentation of the coffee/candy/bulk department. The Coffee/Candy/Bulk Specialist works in a fast paced, multitasked environment. Primary job duties include providing excellent customer service, keeping the department clean at all times, answering customer questions regarding services and products offered, sampling products per customer requests and handling special orders. The Coffee/Candy/Bulk Specialist is also responsible for ensuring that all coffee, candy, and bulk items are ordered on a weekly basis. Also, the Coffee/Candy/Bulk Specialist will partner with the Gift/Floral Department as needed, and will be responsible for following all store policies and procedures.
• Addressing and greeting customers; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
• Being able to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences.
• Properly handle, rotate, package, transport and store products; ensuring strict adherence to TFM guidelines.
• Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must.
• Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics.
• Have knowledge of products used throughout the store to provide and assist customers in finding complete meal solutions.
• Have knowledge of products within the Coffee/Candy, Bulk and other departments to accommodate customer requests to provide excellent customer service.
• Oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with co-workers, management and customers.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
What you bring to the job:
• Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
• LOVE food
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Superior customer focus
• Be a team player, goal-oriented
• Excellent time management
• Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced environment
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
• Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
• Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, bending and reaching
• Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 10-40 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 70 pounds occasionally
• Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
• Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
Software Powered by iCIMS