- Slicing a variety of the department’s specialty meats and cheeses throughout the day per specific customer requests and to maintain quality product levels all while ensuring outstanding customer service at the counter.
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, all while maintaining the overall appearance of the department; ensuring cases are well-merchandised and properly signed to ensure the highest quality products and supplies are available to complete tasks efficiently. Follow approved procedures for receiving, weighing, and breaking down/cutting meat products.
- Unloading and breaking down deliveries as needed; stocking cases and coolers with products; Maintain proper product assortment, merchandising and product quality on the sales floor and following rotation standards when filling items are running below acceptable levels.
- Physically making and pre-packaging fresh fruits and vegetables, salads, party platters, sandwiches, wraps, and pizzas. TFM has written recipes and processes for preparing, assembling, and mixing fresh ingredients. Preparation includes a variety of steps that may include: marinating, seasoning, cutting, chopping, slicing, and mixing meats, produce, and other food products together as indicated within TFM recipes.
- Quality and safety duties include receiving, inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of products and completing any necessary reports. Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation and preparation while providing overall exceptional service to ensure a positive and lasting customer impression. Prep area cleaning includes taking apart, washing, rinsing, and sanitizing all equipment, prep-tables, pans, and utensils, and washing floors, walls, coolers, storage racks and ovens daily. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Observe all store rules and Company policies, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Store Manager. Must wear approved hat or hair net.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
What you bring to the job:
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.