- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale. Focusing the employees on creating an environment built on team work and inspiring a “one team” mentality.
- Work with Team Members to ensure the highest quality products and services are available
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution focusing on maximizing sales and gross profit
- Manage inventory and pricing to achieve required margin.
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, while maintaining product assortment to drive sales.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the department through utilizing, assigning tasks and following up on the department cleaning schedule.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and educate employees on products.
- Maintain proper product assortment, merchandising and inventory control.
- Implement and maintain regular sampling and engagement in the Cheese Department
- Offer daily feedback to the Deli Manager and Store Management about the performance of the Cheese Department.
- Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation
- Demonstrated level of empowerment to solve customer complaints and develop employees to do the same.
- Addressing and greeting customers; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
- Being able to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences.
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring strict adherence to TFM guidelines.
- Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must.
- Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics.
- Have knowledge of products used throughout the store and work across departments to provide and assist customers in finding complete meal solutions.
- Oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with co-workers, management and customers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
What you bring to the job:
- Organization and highly detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
- A LOVE of food
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Superior customer focus
- Be a team player, goal-oriented
- Excellent time management
- Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced environment
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 5 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, etc.)
- The safe and proper handling of slicers, knives and other kitchen utensils and equipment
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.