- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the Gift/Floral and Coffee/Candy departments to provide the highest quality shopping experience, all while maintaining the overall appearance of the department/departments and sales floor and follow approved procedures for cleaning, ordering, packaging of bulk items, rotating of product, and merchandising.
- Unloading and breaking down deliveries as needed; stocking the sales floor with products as needed; maintaining proper product assortment, merchandising and product quality on the sales floor and following rotation standards when replenishing stock levels.
- Follow and utilize the planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department as well as duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Conducts weekly cycle counts, resets and department inventories to ensure departmental success.
- Quality and safety duties include inspecting and storing products, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, and operating equipment in a safe and focused manner. Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to date and rotation of product, safety, sanitation and preparation. Prep area cleaning includes sanitizing all equipment, bulk bins, gravity feeders and containers, counter space, shelves, display shelves, and storage racks. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Observe all store rules, Company policies and handbook guidelines, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Managing Partner/Store Manager. Must wear an apron and non-slip shoes.
- Addressing and greeting customers; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
- Being able to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences.
- Properly handle, rotate, package, transport and store products; ensuring strict adherence to TFM guidelines.
- Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must.
- Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics.
- Have knowledge of products used throughout the store to provide and assist customers in finding complete meal solutions.
- Have knowledge of products within the Coffee/Candy, Bulk and Gift/Floral departments to accommodate customer requests to provide excellent customer service.
- Oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with co-workers, management and customers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Management experience is preferred.
What you bring to the job:
- Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Superior customer focus
- Be a team player, goal-oriented
- Excellent time management
- Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced environment
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 10-40 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 70 pounds occasionally
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.