- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience.
- Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution focusing on maximizing sales and gross profit.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide outstanding customer delight in an environment focused on sales.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale. Focusing on creating an environment built on team work and inspiring a “one team” mentality.
- Quality and safety handling customer items with care and thought, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow and set routines for daily tasks to include but not limited to, cleaning, filling of product while balancing customer service.
- Demonstrated level of empowerment to solve customer complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and assist in other specialty departments throughout the day.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the department following the cleaning checklist and cleaning tasks assigned by the Specialist, Department Manager and Store Management.
- Maintain the department product assortment, maintain storage area and fill items that are running below acceptable levels before the end of your shift.
- Follow routines established to ensure products are in stock and back stock is maintained neatly.
- Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation
- Offer daily feedback to the Store Management about the Department and employee experience.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and educate employees and customers on products.
- Maintain and champion regular sampling and employee initiated engagement in the store
- Maintain organization and sanitation in coolers, desk area and work station.
- Customer service duties include greeting customers, educating, informing customers about products and providing carry out service while providing overall exceptional service to ensure a positive and lasting customer impression.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed
- Addressing and greeting customers; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
- Being able to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences.
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring strict adherence to TFM guidelines.
- Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must.
- Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics.
- Have knowledge of products used throughout the store and work across departments to provide and assist customers in finding complete meal solutions.
- Oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with co-workers, management and customers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
What you bring to the job:
- Organization and highly detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
- A LOVE of food
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Superior customer focus
- Be a team player, goal-oriented
- Excellent time management
- Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced environment
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 5 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.